Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ribbon Rose

Please bear with me . . . I'm now into making embellishments for headbands.   Not sure how I'm gonna put everything together yet, but this is the start at least.  I'm so glad that I like to save scraps of ribbon from gifts 'cause this red ribbon turned out to be perfect for this project.

IMG_8558

I started by putting a dab of glue onto a piece of felt.
IMG_8537

I then folded the ribbon in half and rolled one end and stuck it onto the felt.  Notice the twist in the ribbon.
IMG_8541

The twist is the key.
IMG_8544

Add glue to the base and wrap the ribbon around the core, every once in awhile putting a twist into the ribbon.
IMG_8546

When you've reached your desired size, cut off and glue the raw edge underneath the bottom.
IMG_8550

You can glue a pearl into the center if you like make um fancy.
IMG_8575

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

so cute! now go look for some models to try them out on! :-) I don't know any pregnant people right now...

K and S said...

wow! so nice!

Dd said...

Hummmm....maybe you need more pearls and lace and stuff huh ?? tehehe

jalna said...

Les, I'm thinking of using older models like Cathy's girls.

Thanks Kat!

jalna said...

I was thinking the same thing Didi, but no no no . . . I just cleaned out the closet.

Taryn M said...

so pretty! i love them.

Betty Townsend said...

These came out cute...I'm thinking I saw a youtube to make these. Try making the fabric flowers that I sent the link for...its the same thing, I think...

Erick said...

So cute!

SW said...

I've tried doing something like this before but mine never turn out this nice..:-( perhaps I should've stuck it to a felt so it doesn't come apart! Great pics and instruction..

Anonymous said...

now all my co workers are gonna start making these.











-kevin

jalna said...

Soooo funny Kevin!!