Monday, January 16, 2012

Organza Flowers

I bought some organza material months and months ago and had wanted to make these flowers to use with headbands or hair clips.  I got around to making um this past weekend.

IMG_8490

For the first flower I cut seven identical flower-shaped circles about 3 to 4 inches in diameter and one small felt circle about 1 inch in diameter.  This is my favorite glue.
IMG_8463

I glued one of the circles to the felt to use as the base.
IMG_8464

For the petals I put a dab of glue in the center . . .
IMG_8467

and folded the petal in fourth.
IMG_8466

Then I glued them to the center of the base.
IMG_8468

IMG_8471

The last petal I twisted into a kinda cone shape and glued it in the middle.
IMG_8472

Pretty easy yah!
IMG_8475

For the second flower I cut seven round circles, the first about 3 to 4 inches in diameter, and the rest slightly graduating in diameters, cutting each a little smaller than the previous.  They don't have to be exact circles because you're gonna melt the edges.
IMG_8494

Hold each circle close to a candle flame until it melts all around.
IMG_8502

It will end up looking like this.
IMG_8503

After melting the edges of all seven circles, gather them up and position them to your liking.
IMG_8506-2

Sew a stitch or two in the center of your flower to hold the circles in place and then sew on three pearls.
IMG_8509

So pretty!
IMG_8492

Off topic, but wanted to show you what Landon made for a side dish tonight. He topped tofu with bonito flakes, and poured on some shoyu and sesame oil.  For the cucumber dish he slivered the cucumbers and added bonito flakes, dried shrimp, shoyu, sesame oil and a little mayo.  So simple but so ono.
IMG_8517

7 comments:

K and S said...

so pretty! and that tofu looks so good!

Erick said...

Cool, nice flowers. Tofu looks ono too.

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Thanks Erick. Tofu was good. I had two!

Betty Townsend said...

Love, love those flowers!! Wonder how they'd work on cards...maybe too big...perfect for headbands though, I wuold think.

The tofu looks fantastic too...love tofu!!

jalna said...

Ohhh Betty, you made me imagine smaller versions on cards! Sooo cute! Hmmmm . . .

SW said...

ohh.. pretty.. it looks really simple too.. one day when I feel crafty, I'll definitely give this a try.

jalna said...

I hope you do get to try Shun Wah. It's relaxing to me.