Sunday, October 25, 2009

I CONFESS!!

I returned to Plantation Village yesterday with Erick and Susie. I'll post more pictures later, but for now I need to get something off my chest. In one of the rooms at the village dangling from a nail was this ladle which had been fashioned from a gourd and a stick. So innovative, yeah! I was having a hard time trying to get both the gourd portion and the stick portion both in focus because the ladle was in a dark part of the room. I wanted to move it to a brighter location, but I dared not touch it because of what happened to me in the first grade.

I attended first grade at Likelike Elementary School. My teacher was Mrs. Kimura. She was so nice and kind. I really liked her. Well, one day one of my classmates brought in a bivalve shell to show-and-tell. It might've been just a clam shell. I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that he was very proud of it. After he talked about it, he placed it on a display table for all to look at. I was shy and timid (like I still am today), so I waited a bit before actually going up to the table, although I was VERY curious (like I still am today). When almost everyone else had had their look, I approached the table and picked up the shell. To my horror, it broke in two! I swear I barely touched it. I then quietly put it back on the table and walked away. I felt horrible, and it was even worse waiting for the broken pieces to be discovered.

It didn't take long. Mrs. Kimura soon announced that someone had broken Nathan's shell, and would the culprit please step forward. No one said anything. She waited a bit. She asked again. Again, no one said anything. Finally she stated that if the guilty party didn't come forward that the WHOLE class would be punished. Still nothing. So, one by one, we all lined up in front of her, each and every one of us, to receive a whack by her ruler on the palms of our hands.

So, today I admit it . . . IT WAS ME!! I DID IT!! I BROKE IT!!! I'M SOOOOOO SORRY!

9 comments:

K and S said...

ha-la! did you break this ladle too??

Leslie's pics said...

ok, first of all, shy and timid? Like you still are today??? HAH?? And second, SHAME ON YOU!! hahaha, jus kiddin. I probably would've done the same thing! :P

RONW said...

you're doomed. For some unrelated reason, reminds me of the person who inadvertantly knocked over the dominos, set up for a new Guinness world record.

Erick said...

I am so proud of you, fessing up after all these year! Now you can go heaven.

jalna said...

Kat, I swear I didn't touch that ladle!

Les, YES I am shy and timid.

Ron, it was very related . . . it was a major OOPS!

Hoo hoo Erick, thanks eh.

Betty Townsend said...

You sound so much like me. I had an incident in the first grade too. And I didn't fess up either. I am still shy and timid and prefer to stay in the background.

jalna said...

Betty, you too?!

bebedeer said...

Your teacher whacked your hands with a ruler?! OMG!! I'm so glad I wasn't around during corporal punishment. I have such a bad temper, I'm sure I would've gotten in worse trouble if a teacher hit me.

jalna said...

It was just a token tap, Fawn. It didn't hurt at all.