Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Golden Coin's Spanish Rolls

A few days ago I raved about Nanding's Spanish Rolls. I also mentioned that you could get Spanish Rolls from Golden Coin on Keeaumoku but balked at the idea of having to pay twice the price for the same thing. I ran into a friend a few days after that blog post and she reminded me that the Spanish Rolls from Golden Coin had a filling and maybe that was why it's more expensive. So, in all fairness I went and bought some to compare.

It does have a filling that's kinda buttery and sweet, and the filling does add to the flavor, but CQ and I both agree that Nanding's Spanish Roll is still waaaaaay better . . . and at half the price . . . 3 for $1.00 . . . it is a major steal!


11 comments:

RONW said...

the driver that hit the Gulick overpass last week musta read your review of Nanding's Bakery on Gulick. He was in a hurry.

jalna said...

Hahahahaha!!

K and S said...

I heard there is a Nanding's in Waipahu too, gonna check them out the next time I'm there.

Betty Townsend said...

the filling just looks like melted butter or is it something else?

jalna said...

Kat, I'll be in Waipahu this Saturday. I wonder where it is.

Betty, the filling was something buttery, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

susie said...

You are just way too funny. You are gonna need to walk with me in the morning. Meet me at 6am Ala Moana Beach Park magic island parking. HAHAHA

jalna said...

Okay Susie, but if I'm not there, start without me.

K and S said...

here is the info for the waipahu location...Nanding's Waipahu

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

MJC said...

I agree, Nanding's Spanish Rolls are the best!!! Someone brought some to our office a couple of weeks ago and I must have eaten about 6 of them!!! so addicting!

jalna said...

MJC, I agree, they're so ono and light, you can easily eat a whole bunch of 'um.