Friday, June 12, 2009

Chocolate Banana Delite


We had a "Anything Made With Chocolate" contest today at work, and I made a Chocolate Banana Delite. I was like halfway done in the preparation, admiring my banana placement when I realized . . . hey why am I not documenting this . . . soooo stoooopid.

First, there's a shortbread crust on the bottom: 1 c. butter, 2 c. flour, 1/2 c. chopped nuts, 1/2 c. sugar. Cut butter into flour , add sugar and nuts. Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. I had problems here cause the dough was really crumbly and it kept sticking to my hands. Dunno what I did wrong. Bake at 35o degrees for 20 minutes.

For the next layer blend together 1 block cream cheese, 1 c. powdered sugar and 1 carton Cool Whip. (I used only 1/2 container of Cool Whip and was nuff). Then layer on sliced bananas.
Mix 2 (4 oz) boxes instant chocolate pudding and 3 c. milk with the 30-year-old "egg beater" that still works.
Spoon onto banana layer. I'm not really left handed, but I wanted to do an action shot and I cannot shoot with my left. Hey, it just dawned on me: Left-handed people have to shoot with their right hand. That's where the button is. I wonder if it matters to them. They no more choice though.
Next, spoon on one container of Cool Whip over pudding.
Sprinkle on 1/2 c. chopped nuts.

I have pictures of all of today's entries from the contest. There were six. The judges had a hard time voting. I have to post them later. I gotta go hem Wendell's baseball pants.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ono ya! my wife makes it all the time

RONW said...

5 Stars.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh my goodness, Jalna, you have made a spectacular dessert!! So ONO looking!!! I bet it taste ONO too!!

SW said...

Wow..looks really good...if you didn't win w/ that, I'd definitely like to see the winner's dessert..

Dd said...

OK...so like do you guys have a "social director" that plans of these fun activities ??

jalna said...

Hahahaha, no we don't have a social director, but we all kinda get along so well that these things just happen. This particular contest was my idea . . . blog material for me.